This Chinese New Year was more memorable than the rest as it was spent differently from previous years. My relatives from Malaysia came over to Singapore. It was usually the case of us going over to their Malaysian home every year. I guess this year they wanted to do something different. Originally, they wanted to go to Sentosa, but the NTUC chalet there was fully booked for the duration of time they wanted to spend in Singapore, and the hotel was too expensive. We eventually settled on the Downtown East Costa Sands resort.

We checked in to the resort at about 12plus. Initially, the staff refused to give us the keys because the maid hasnt cleaned the rooms yet and our proper check-in time was supposedly 2pm. We had to promise her that we wouldnt enter the rooms till the specified time ( if we did the maid would call them up). The staff was darn rude!! Not friendly at all. Not to mention inefficient and tardy. She gave us one less ticket for the free admission to Wild Wild Wet and Escape. Fortunately my brother counted them and realised the mistake. We tried to note down her name but couldnt see it.. she was moving about all the time. Oh well.
It was raining so heavily on the way to our rooms that we had to take shelter at one of the pagodas along the paths. There were literally sheets of rain pouring down! Just our luck. Luckily my elder brother brought along an umbrella ( he came later coz he was with his gf before that) cos he knew it was going to rain.
We spent the afternoon just watching tv in the room. Then evening took train to orchard road just to walk around and take photos ( they hardly come to Singapore). Only there for an hour or so coz the last shuttle back to Downtown East was at 1015pm so we had to be at pasir ris station before then.
The rest of the night was just spent watching tv in the rooms and idling away.
The next day was more fun though. We went to Escape Theme Park in the morning, where we took the various rides there, like the Go-cart rides and the pirate ships. Anyway I think I'm becoming more chicken! The whole time we were in the Haunted House I barely kept my head up. I was even hiding behind my 13 year old cousin sister. Think I was too traumatised by the Haunted House I went to at Genting about 2 years back...haha. But I wasnt impressed with the rides. They werent THAT thrilling. Too bad the 360 degree cadbury ride's under maintenance.
After lunch we went to Wild Wild Wet. This time I took the U-shaped ride too (Whatever it's called). I dont think I would want to take that again though. =S. The impact on the small of my spine didnt feel so good. Wouldnt want to sustain spinal injuries.
After that we went back to the chalet to take a shower and have a rest, followed by a nice long dinner (albeit at the foodcourt). Then it was time to say goodbye to our relatives. It was a pity we didnt have a longer holiday, or we could have spent more time with them.They might be coming over again in June though..